Skip to main content


Reservations & Permits

Facilities Management manages events and activities for the Haley Center Eagles Nest and Lobby. Reservations and approval are required for these areas. For more information, click on the images below. In addition, all tents and amplified sound permits for campus are managed by Facilities Management. To request a permit for a tent or amplified sound or for more detailed information, click on the image below.

Haley Center Reservations

Eagle's Nest South

Eagle’s Nest North and/or Eagle’s Nest South may be reserved at the Haley Center Building Coordinator’s office (0005 HC) by University officials and departments for official University business and functions. Chartered student organizations may reserve these rooms for special event use. No fee for attendance may be charged. Any group that plans to extend invitations to the public for attendance must notify the Haley Center Building Coordinator in advance as these requests may be denied or directed through other University offices for use of University Facilities.

The Haley Center is not available for reservation on Gameday.

Eagle's Nest North

Organizations not associated with the University or which do not have a University department account number may use this facility for special event use on a rental basis. Rental fee for each facility is $50.00 (prepaid) per event of not longer than four (4) hours duration. Rental for events longer than 4 hours will be an additional prepayment of $50.00 for each hour beyond the original 4-hour rental period.

Haley Center Lobby

Haley Center lobby may be reserved for academic purposes only. The reservation must be submitted at least five business days in advance and be approved by the Haley Center Coordinator. If anything is to be sold or given away free it must also be approved by the Auburn University Bookstore Director, Catherine Lee. Please contact the Building Coordinator for additional information regarding its use.

Tents and Amplified Sound Guidelines

These guidelines are to provide a basic understanding of how tents can be placed on University property to insure proper safety precautions are adhered to, and to protect/preserve University property. The policies outlined are used to safeguard against injury and loss of life due to penetrating underground utilities with equipment or stakes. Additionally, they protect infrastructure from costly damage and interruption of utility services to University and general public.

Types of Temporary Tents Covered Under These Guidelines

A Tent Permit is required for all tents that exceed 399 square feet or any tent that has anchoring stakes 12 inches or longer. The joining together of more than two pop-up tents is prohibited, as pop-up tents do not meet NFPA (Chapter 8) and IFC (Section 3104) requirements for proper fire and life safety protections.

Location of Underground Utilities

Prior to erection of any tent underground utilities are required to be located and properly marked. It is the responsibility of the tent erection personnel to ensure this has been completed. The University will provide locating services which must be requested 7 days prior to the installation of the tent. The work order is included as part of the Tent Permit, questions regarding location services should be directed to 334-703-0615.

Time Period of Tent Erection

Tent Permit Requests must be submitted ten (10) business days prior to date tent will be installed. The temporary commercial tent must not be erected more than two (2) days prior to the event (noon on Thursday for a Saturday game) and must be removed not later than one (1) day after the event. Pop-up tents may not be erected until 4:00 PM on Friday before the game.

Beginning in 2011, commercial tent sites are no longer available on Nichols and Wallace lawns. Exception to Nichols lawn rule applies to Reserve Officer Training Corps.

Noise Permit/Amplified Sound

It is the responsibility of the tent users to ensure that the University Noise/Amplified Sound Policies are adhered to. Questions regarding noise permits should be directed to 334-703-0615 or 334-844-8584

Tent Guidelines

Authorized Tent Locations

Non-Auburn University

Affiliated Requests

Within the boundaries of Magnolia Ave, College St, Samford Ave, and Wire Road there are 9 designated spaces which the public may be authorized to use during Football Gamedays. These spaces are located at: The Southeast corner of Donahue and Magnolia, the Southwest corner of Mell St. and Thach Ave(4) and the Northwest corner of Duncan and Samford Av. These sites may be assigned to local tent rental companies to ensure that the tents are erected by qualified personnel and are in compliance with all criteria and regulations. Areas outside these boundaries will be approved on a first come first served basis.

Auburn University

Affiliated Requests

Auburn University requests for tent permits will follow these same procedures. The requested location for the tent site will be approved on an as requested basis.

Auburn University

Athletics Spaces

Requests for areas under the Athletic Department Control will use the Tent Permit Request form and request will be routed to the Auburn University Athletic Department for approval.

Read More Information on Tent Location